Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Technology Officer will lead the collaboration with industry to identify, develop and execute projects aligned to PIC’s strategic pillars of Create, Grow, Make and Sell. Your background and experience in large scale science and technology projects will be instrumental in developing and executing on the organization’s technology investment strategy. The CTO will ensure the strategic alignment between PIC’s objectives and projects by providing centralized functions and oversight for governance and decision-making.
This position can be located anywhere in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
This posting will remain open until filled
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
What You Will Do
- Develop the overall science and technology strategy for PIC, including the identification of strategic areas of focus, the oversight of technology roadmaps, and ensure that PIC investments align with the organization’s Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Lead a team of professionals who will work with members to develop project proposals at both at the Expression of Interest and full Project Proposal stages
- Manage and co-ordinate project selection processes for both Expressions of Interest and Project Proposals
- Chair the industry-led Eligible Projects Selection Committee and take an active role in the selection of projects to deliver on the PIC’s technology investment plan
- Manage and evaluate ongoing projects through tracking of project milestones as well as review and evaluation of interim and final reports
What You Will Bring
- Advanced degree in Agricultural science or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience in a related field
- A keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in project management and research grant application development or review would be an asset