Protein Industries Canada
Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute
To help companies prepare to incorporate AI into their work by providing foundational, customized AI and machine learning training for agrifood professionals with diverse backgrounds in applied research, business development and strategic leadership.
Artificial intelligence tools and technology have the potential to make Canada’s plant-based sector more efficient and more sustainable. To fully harness this potential, however, companies across the sector need to fully understand what goes into an effective AI solution—including effective data pools, and how best to gather and utilize them.
The Data Readiness Improvement Program (DRIP) will be offered through two virtual, three-month training and foundation-building cohorts of approximately five companies, each of which is invited to send two to five participants. Participants of the program can expect the following:
- An AI/ML curriculum tailored to the needs of Canada’s plant-based food, feed and ingredients sector;
- Foundational, customized AI/ML training for agrifood professionals with diverse backgrounds in applied research, business development and strategic leadership;
- An opportunity to identify specific business problems and corresponding AI/ML solutions;
- Validated project reports with established trajectories for solving specific business problems with AI/ML solutions;
- A comprehensive project validation/feasibility assessment report that assesses your readiness level for moving into the Proof of Concept Development stage of the AI/ML project lifecycle; and
- A connection to Amii’s talent pipeline and potential to hire in-demand ML talent in future.
- Machine Learning Foundations 1
- Machine Learning Foundations 2
- Artificial Intelligence Governance
Program start: Oct. 3, 2023
How to Register
- Companies interested in taking part in the program are invited to email email@example.com.
- One company can enrol up to five staff members.
The Protein Industries Canada team will contact interested companies to determine program and enrolment eligibility.
The enrolment fee has been reduced from $5,000 to $1,000 as an exclusive rate for the first eight companies who enrol to the first cohort of DRIP.
Enrolment fee: $1,000
Enrolment deadline: Sept. 26, 2023