Nominations are now closed.
Protein Industries Canada is an industry-led, not-for-profit organization created to position Canada as a global source of high-quality plant-based food, feed and ingredients. We are one of Canada’s five Global Innovation Clusters.
By facilitating industry partnerships, and opening doors to investment opportunities, Protein Industries Canada is working to create a $25 billion plant-based food, feed and ingredient sector for Canada by 2035. From our inception in 2018 to March 2023, Protein Industries Canada co-invested in 55 projects worth $477 million with organizations from across the plant-based ecosystem to create solutions to a global food challenge. We are currently at the beginning of our second mandate and committed to furthering Canada’s agriculture and food sector. We are looking for passionate individuals who share our vision to join our board of directors.
Protein Industries Canada currently has four (4) vacant board positions. Three of the positions will be elected at our Annual General Meeting, and one which will be appointed as an independent director and presented at the Annual Conference and General Meeting.
Protein Industries Canada’s ACGM will be held in Edmonton, AB, on September 13, 2023.
About the Board of Directors
Protein Industries Canada has a 12-person board made up of individuals from across North America. The board meets four to six times a year and has two committees of the board: Governance and Nominating and Audit and Finance. Committees meet in advance of regular board meetings.
Board terms are for three (3) years. Directors may serve for up to two terms (i.e. six (6) years). Board meetings are held both virtually and in person at the discretion of the Chair. A minimum of one in-person board meeting will be held each year.
Protein Industries Canada is seeking female board members from across Canada
Protein Industries Canada is a gender balanced board. To meet this requirement, four females must be elected to the board in 2023. The election procedures, as defined in Protein Industries Canada’s bylaws, ensure a gender balanced board.
Nominations for these positions are currently being accepted; all positions will be voted in by the membership at the AGM.
Protein Industries Canada is currently seeking nominations for female board members that bring experience in board governance and a passion for Canada’s agriculture and food sector. Protein Industries Canada is committed to having a culturally and geographic diverse board with representation that reflects the sector from coast-to-coast. As part of our commitment to Economic Reconciliation, Protein Industries Canada is committed to increasing Indigenous voices as part of our board of directors.
Ideal applicants include individuals with:
- Strategic and commercial experience in ingredient processing;
- Industry development and competitiveness experience, including economic development and investment policy;
- Food Processing and commercialization experience;
- Regulatory expertise;
- Experience in the fields of food retail, food service or nutrition;
- Financial expertise, including an appropriate designation; and
- Legal and/or governance expertise.
Strong Canadian female voices that bring the sought-after skills and experience to the table, and who can help build Canada’s plant-based food, feed and ingredient sector, are encouraged to apply.
To let your name stand for the Board of Directors you must:
- Be a Member of Protein Industries Canada in good standing;
- Be authorized to represent your organization;
- Fill out the nomination papers and have it signed by two (2) other Protein Industries Canada members; and
- Submit your completed nomination paper to email@example.com.
Nominations must be received by July 28, 2023.
- You do not have to attend the AGM to be elected to the Board of Directors.
To let your name stand for a position on the Board of Directors, you must:
- Fill out the nomination form as instructed;
- Submit a short biography or resume; and
- Submit a letter of intent that outlines why you are interested in serving on the board, your relevant experience and skills that will make you an effective contributor for the organization.