Humble and Frank Foods Ltd.
To utilize chickpea proteins to develop new and innovative products that offer their customers tasty, healthy, clean-label and protein-rich options.
Isreal-based InnovoPro is scaling up its chickpea processing capacity in Canada using Canadian-grown chickpeas.
Humble and Frank and Sliced FC will incorporate these chickpea ingredients to develop new salad dressings and protein-enhanced sauces and condiments. These products will be made available to consumers through various retail stores.
Results and Impact
- The consortium explored the potential of chickpeas through research, experiments and trials, from formulation trials to ingredient applications and more.
- Humble and Frank (H&F) expanded its international commercial opportunities for future innovation to markets beyond Canada
- More of H&F's products are listed in Sprouts Farmers Market (350+ stores) and Gelson’s Markets (25+ stores)
- H&F was the recipient of the Gold Tickets Award from KeHE Corporation, a Top3 US distributor for grocery and in-store food service
- InnovoPro saw growth and was able to scale up production, resulting in an increased competitive advantage and market traction
- Partnering with global players in the food and beverage space, InnovoPro was also able to improve product consistency and meet large CPGs quality and regulatory requirements